Having noticed I hadn't drawn any full fanart of The Raccoons this year I thought it would be fun to see what it would be like if they were still going in the 2010s. I think that regardless of the ever changing face of technology around them, the characters will still remain pretty much just as likable!
There are a few things that you will easily spot between the two pictures;
* In the 1980s Bert plays a real guitar. But today he'd probably have as much fun with something like 'Guitar Hero'.
* The Raccoons have an ordinary TV and a VCR in the 1980s. Today they have a LCD TV complete with Playstation 3, Wii and DVD player!
* Lisa uses a brick phone in the 1980s (which would have been considered a luxury at the time!), now she has the same phone most of us carry!
* Throughout the course of the series Bentley had a laptop computer that was the size of a small suitcase. Now he has a netbook!
* Ralph LOVED his record deck and walkman in the 1980s. Today I imagine he will have traded it in for something like an iStation for his MP3 player!
* Though not shown, Melissa would now have a digital camera instead of one that uses film.
* You may also notice the portrait of The Raccoons' creator Kevin Gillis (I'm not great at charicatures!) changes in accordance to the time period, yet The Raccoons themselves haven't aged!
It is interesting what difference three decades makes!